Monday, July 14, 2008

Le Festival de la Bastille


What a wonderful weekend we had. Paul's brother and wife were here from Florida for the Le Festival de la Bastille. We all went on Friday night for the opening ceremonies and firer works and I must say I have not seen firer works in many years and these were the most beautiful ones totally awesome. We all went again on Sunday for Mass at 10 am and than stayed for a big Chicken Barbecue with all the fixings and oh my goodness what a plate. I have to say I did not eat chicken I had to have my usual Crepes with maple syrup and a piece of meat pie and that was just outstanding. While we ate we was entertained with music and cloggers/tappers. There was this one young lady 13 years old that came down from Ft. Kent and what a voice she had, she sang just like Celine Dion I kid you not it was totally amazing. Here is her picture. Her name is Melanie Dorice Saucier and what a performance even her Dad got up and sang a couple of songs with her and he as well has a wonderful voice. It was a wonderful afternoon. The time came that we had to bid our farewell's to Roland and Marie as they were headed out to Boothbay for a couple of days than back too Portland to fly out on Wednesday morning. Will as I said in the beginning it was a wonderful weekend had by all.

No comments: